This is an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor at ChemPartner, a leading Shanghai based Contract Research Organization specializing in drug discovery services. As more and more Pharma and Biotech companies look for alliance partners to increasingly provide intellectual contributions and exceptional technical expertise, ChemPartner is uniquely positioned to not only be a LifeScience CRO, but to be a pharmaceutical alliance partner. With a team of over 2000 experienced scientists, hundreds of western-trained pharmaceutical industry leaders, and experienced Pharmaceutical Executive Leadership at the helm, ChemPartner is aligned and dedicated to technically and strategically accomplish the research initiatives of Pharma and Biotech companies from around the world. Further information can be found on our website at www.chempartner.com
This position will be based at ChemPartner’s South San Francisco facility with an occasional trip to Shanghai, China.
We are seeking a technically savvy, highly motivated scientist with excellent attention to detail to expand antibody discovery capabilities at ChemPartner using the Berkeley Lights Beacon B cell cloning platform (https://www.berkeleylights.com/). The candidate will lead functional cell based assay development, optimization and troubleshooting activities to support selection of single B cells secreting antibodies with desired functional properties. The incumbent will interface with clients to strategize on screening strategies, assess the technical feasibility of new functional assays on Beacon and become an expert in upstream and/or downstream workflows to support antibody discovery through single B cell cloning. The individual will also be a project and technical team leader, serving as liaison between the clients or collaborators and the Shanghai ChemPartner team to provide key technical input in antibody engineering, phage display and humanization strategy. The successful candidate must possess a combination of strong technical, communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a geographically diverse team across a broad range of biological targets and therapeutic areas.
ChemPartner offers a strong compensation package including salary, 401(k) and comprehensive benefits.
- Become a subject matter expert and super-user on the Beacon platform, expanding capabilities, troubleshooting issues and executing workflows
- In close collaboration with clients and collaborators, draft bespoke B cell cloning proposals that will be executed from ChemPartner’s South San Francisco site
- Design and mentor Shanghai scientists to execute antibody discovery campaigns using phage display and other antibody engineering and optimization projects
- Lead cross functional drug discovery teams, including coordinating meetings, presenting technical updates to clients and documenting discussions and action items in minutes
- Develop new target specific functional assays to expand capabilities on the Beacon platform including cytokine release, proliferation and cytotoxicity assays
- Manage and mentor junior level scientists in executing the B cell cloning workflow on and off the Beacon, assay development and troubleshooting efforts
- Support Business Development efforts by presenting ChemPartner B cell cloning, Biology and/or Biologics capabilities to new clients
- Ph.D. with 5+ years R&D experience or MS/BS with 12+ years experience for Senior Scientist or Ph.D with 8-10+ years industrial experience for Principal Scientist in a biotech/pharmaceutical environment with expertise in molecular biology, biological sciences or related field.
- Extensive hands-on experience with antibody engineering, humanization and various display technologies to support antibody discovery and development as evidenced by a strong publication record, patents and pipeline contributions
- Highly motivated scientist with demonstrated ability to develop, troubleshoot and execute cell based functional assays, including immune cell assays.
- Experience isolating and culturing primary cells, including B cells and PBMCs is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, in English. Ability to communicate in Mandarin would be advantageous, although not imperative.
- Ability to multi-task, with strong attention to detail, and precisely execute a diverse set of activities in a changing environment, often under time pressure.
- With a mature, self-confident and well-balanced personality, it is essential that the candidate also possess a high standard of ethical and intellectual integrity.
Please send your resume to email@example.com quoting reference number 21002 C in the subject line.