Apart from antibody humanization and antibody discovery from phage display, ChemPartner’s antibody engineering department also offers sequence optimization and affinity maturation services.
We provide customized affinity maturation strategies [random mutagenesis (chain shuffling/error-prone PCR) or site-directed mutagenesis (soft or hard randomization)] based on initial antibody sequences and affinity. Panning and screening strategies are customized and designed for each project to meet the pre-defined criteria/deliverables.
- Kd improvement to sub-nM to pM
- Binding kinetics (off-rate) improvement
- Both scFv and Fab formats may be used to generate CDR mutagenesis libraries (Random or Site-Directed Mutagenesis)
- Libraries are panned against biotinylated Antigen or target cells at decreasing concentrations in solution
- To select for pM binders, off-rate selection method will be employed. Unlabeled antigen is used for competition.
- Enriched clones are produced in 96-well format and final ranking with high throughput Octet RED384
- Best clones identified for full IgG conversion and extensive characterization by SPR assay and cell based functional assays
- Standard timeline with full IgG delivery: 3 months for final KD~nM or 4-5 months for final KD~pM